Because workplace injuries are so common, Each year we spend a considerable amount of money on workplace-related injuries. Therefore safety and prevention efforts have become a vital part of the employment landscape.
It's clear followings main things can be found in and around the biomedical Maintenance workshop. If we could always keep them in mind before and during the work, it is easy to minimize workplace injuries.
1. Pressure equipment- High-pressure steam sterilizer, pressurized gas cylinders.
2. Temperature Equipment - Autoclave Sterilizer, Heating Elements.
3. Airborne contaminations- Air filter of most of the medical devices such as Suction Apparatus.
4. Biohazards- Laboratory machines like hematology analyzer.
5. Electrical High Voltages - AC/DC power supply
6. Capacitive Discharge currents - Defibrillator.
7. Chemicals and gasses - Isofluorine and Halothane in anesthetics ventilators.
8. Radiation - X-ray, Active Cobalt isotopes, iodine isotopes.
9. Rotating and moving parts - Leath machine, Drill, and grinders.
10. Sharp needles and blades - IV tubes, Microtome blades.
In addition to this, there may be a number of other methods may be found if we screen out sharply our workplace.
further following international safety standards like